JUVEDERM® is a smooth, injectable hyaluronic acid gel filler used to improve the appearance of deep facial wrinkles, folds, lines and acne scars, as well as to enhance your lips by restoring fullness. JUVEDERM® is also excellent for recontouring other facial areas such as the chin, cheeks, tear troughs (area under lower eyelid) and lips. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in our bodies that attracts and binds to water (hydration) which provides structure and contour. This, along with other naturally occurring skin cell components, depletes as we age. Dr. Cole recommends JUVEDERM® to patients who want to restore a more youthful appearance and instantly erase years from their face.
Wrinkle correction with JUVEDERM® is a quick in-office procedure with immediate results.
BENEFITS OF JUVEDERM:
- JUVEDERM® corrects deeper facial wrinkles, lines, folds, scars & lost volume
- JUVEDERM® is the first FDA approved filler for persons of color & skin tones
- JUVEDERM® offers two formulations to choose from this means more versatility
- JUVEDERM® is a smooth hyaluronic acid gel that flows easily & consistently into the skin
- JUVEDERM® is non-animal based (non bovine), therefore skin testing is not required
- JUVEDERM® results typically last from six to twelve months
- JUVEDERM® treatments are customized to meet your personal needs
- JUVEDERM® gel achieves a natural look & feel using a natural substance
- JUVEDERM® treatments can be done in a twenty-minute office procedure
JUVEDERM® Ultra formulation is a highly cross linked gel which makes it smooth, consistently flowing and longer lasting. Ultra was optimally formulated for versatility in contouring and volumizing wrinkles and folds.
JUVEDERM® ULTRA PLUS:
JUVEDERM® Ultra Plus is a more robust formulation for volumizing and correcting deeper wrinkles and folds such as nasolabial – those around the nose. Other dermal fillers are granular and not capable of flowing as smoothly as Juverderm formulations. Cross-linking is accomplished through a most advanced scientific method using Hylacross technology.
Using a very tiny needle, the JUVEDERM® formula chosen for your treatment, is injected into specific – pre-determined areas. The gel flows smoothly and consistently into the skin so anesthetic is not needed. There may be a little bruising at the injection sites which is easily covered with camouflage makeup. There will be some redness, firmness and swelling for a few days, but this resolves on its own.
Dr. Cole is a quadruple board certified surgeon which means he has met the rigorous high standards and training requirements of four medical boards. This involved several years more of specialized training and experience in all four areas – in addition to medical school, internships, residencies, fellowship training and vast experience. Board certification does not guarantee a certain outcome, but it does ensure specialized training skill and expertise far beyond the norm.
More about Dr. Cole